Once you decide to clean up your lifestyle in every way, shape, and form, it can feel overwhelming! There are so many different foods, soaps, drinks, moisturizers, etc., to choose from.
Since many of you have asked which brands and companies I trust, websites I use, and skincare products I recommend, I decided to create dynamic, ever-evolving posts of my favorite things. I will update all of the lists frequently, so check back for new links and suggestions!
Online Grocery Platforms I Love:
For Dry Goods
- Why I like it:
- Thrive Market prides itself on being “a membership community that uses the power of direct buying to deliver the world’s best healthy food and natural products to our members at wholesale prices,” and it sponsors “free memberships for low-income American families.”
- Since Thrive cuts out the middle man, it’s able to provide direct-to-consumer wholesale prices on dry goods, cleaning products, cosmetics, and more! In other words, it’s a modern-day, online Costco. Currently, the annual membership fee is $59.95, but by paying that small price I have saved so much. (I’ve only been a member since November 2017 and I’ve already saved $400+!)
- It’s. So. Convenient!
- Note: Even though Thrive is an incredible platform, you cannot trust that every product on Thrive is healthy (just as you cannot trust every product from stores like Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods). Even though companies like Thrive, Trader Joe’s, and Whole Foods are marketed as having the healthiest foods and natural products, it’s still important to be an informed consumer. Always read ingredient labels with a fine-tooth comb to avoid eating unhealthy oils and using chemical-filled cleaners, skincare, and cosmetics!
For Grass-fed and Grass-finished Beef, Heritage Breed Pork, and Free-range Organic Chicken
- Why I like it:
- High-quality animal protein (grass-fed and grass-finished beef, heritage breed pork, and free-range organic chicken) can be tough to come by. Farmer’s markets and natural foods stores like Whole Foods are great resources, but, like Thrive Market, services like Butcher Box add that extra “convenience” factor. (And, who doesn’t love convenience?)
- You sign up for a subscription and receive a box of meat (your choice of the type: mixed, beef + chicken, beef + pork, all chicken, or custom) every 30 or 60 days.
In each blog post, I aim to bring you food for thought (pun intended. Note: my day job is teaching English), but don’t take my word for it! Click on and read all of the links above to become your own expert on this topic; knowledge is power. The more you know and understand the “why” behind each biohack, the easier it will be to stick to it and realize you can’t live without it!
DON’T MISS A POST! FOLLOW ME VIA EMAIL, INSTAGRAM (@BIOHACKINGWITHBROOKE), AND/OR TWITTER (@BIOHACKERBROOKE)